12.22.2008

JELL-O to the sweet tooth rescue

I know it sounds funny, but I had a delicious run-in with JELL-O this weekend. I am usually a chocolate person, so JELL-O pudding has always been my go to during a choco-attack, but this weekend all I had in the fridge sweet enough to curb my craving was my husband's JELL-O. Last week he went shopping when he was hungry...hence, he picked up anything and everything, including 3 packs of, yup, JELL-O. I laughed at first, but then this weekend I needed something sweet, dug my spoon into the jiggly container and my eyes sort of opened really wide as I let out a, "yum"....

It got me thinking. Maybe I have been missing something all along. I went to the JELL-O site this morning and there are some really fun recipes. We can't avoid sweet cravings. They will inevitably pop up here and there. The more you try to avoid it, the worse it usually gets. JELL-O turns out to be a pretty good stand-in when you really, really need a sweet, but don't want to overindulge. One single serving of JELL-O is only 10 calories a piece!

There are tons of flavors of JELL-O products. Check out the flavor finder:
http://brands.kraftfoods.com/jello/products/flavor-finder/

If you want to serve some fun drinks and low-calorie desserts to the adult crowd at your holiday or New Year's party, check out the JELL-O lounge. Some of these recipes look really delicious and again, they are perfect for those looking to satisfy the sweet tooth while watching their waistlines. Enjoy!!
http://brands.kraftfoods.com/jello/explore/lounge/

7-Day Goal: Did I get enough activity today? If not, make sure to get extra steps in throughout the rest of the day. Walk down to your co-worker instead of emailing, take the stairs or park further away. It is all about the little things!
~K

No comments: